Genero Report Writer for Java, C#, PHP – General Availability
Irving, Texas – July 1, 2015 — Four Js Development Tools announces the availability of Genero Report Writer for Java, C#, and PHP. Now developers of all confessions can reap the benefits experienced by Genero developers since its launch on April 16, 2009.
There’s a gap in the market for a publishing system that serves developer needs. We aim to fill that gap.
CEO Four Js Development Tools
The market for enterprise reporting is extremely diverse with a wide selection of products responding to a variety of needs. After listening to customers wishing to use Genero Report Writer in other languages, we decided to address the needs of the broader developer community. These needs can be characterized as follows:
- provide tight integration between applications and reports – many developers wish to control every aspect of report production.
- accelerate report creation with a development framework that semi-automates the production process,
- reduce the backlog of user requests by delegating to graphic designers or support personnel,
- make enterprise reporting affordable.
Developers are ready to ‘democratize’ the process of report production as long as they maintain firm control of the data source. This new release is the result of close collaboration with developers and the implementation of their ideas.
The diagram below illustrates Genero Report Writer’s position within the market. While Genero Report Writer satisfies many of the ‘ad-hoc’ tool features, its target audience is essentially developers, graphic designers and support staff assigned to the task of report production and maintenance.
The vertical axis describes enterprise-class features, whereas the horizontal axis describes ‘ad hoc’ features.
Genero Report Writer is an API for developers that wish to accelerate the process of creating enterprise reports to be embedded in Java, C#, or PHP applications. Its main features can be summarized as follows:
- Common enterprise features such as: page and group headers, smart page-breaks, running totals, charts, images, fonts, bar-codes, vector graphics, and tables,
- Rare features such as: ‘responsive’ dynamic layouting, and the ability to merge data streams from multiple, complex, and deeply nested data sources,
- Performance features such as streaming high-volume reports: printing starts immediately – irrespective of the report size.
Genero Report Writer may be deployed in a single or multi-server configuration, depending on the workload or topology of the organization. In most cases, a single server will suffice.
Genero Studio generates report libraries (classes) that are linked into your application. The application executes this code which extracts raw data from the given data source(s) and streams it to Report Engine. Report Engine applies the report design, formatting and paginating the data stream for the viewer, whether it be a browser, Word, Excel, Acrobat or Genero Report Viewer. If Report Viewer is selected, then data is streamed and reports appear immediately as each page is produced, leaving the user to freely navigate up and down the report.
The diagram below describes this runtime dataflow.
For extreme loads, it is possible to distribute and load balance the work over multiple servers.
Genero Report Engine
Genero Report Engine executes reports it is fed by the application. It runs on Standard and Enterprise Edition Java® platforms. In particular, the following platforms are supported:
Genero Studio for Report Writer
Genero Studio for Report Writer runs on the following platforms:
- Genero Report Writer Named Developer Subscription PlanGRWSC0NC
- Genero Report Writer Core Deployment Subscription PlanGRWSR00C
- Genero Report Designer Core Deployment Subscription PlanGRDSR00C
- Genero Report Writer Named Developer LicenceGRWLC0NC
- Genero Report Writer Core Deployment LicenceGRWLR00C
- Genero Report Designer Core Deployment LicenceGRWLR00C