Genero Report Writer for Java, C#, PHP – General Availability
Genero Report Writer may be deployed in a single or multi-server configuration, depending on the workload or topology of the organization. In most cases, a single server will suffice.
Genero Studio generates report libraries (classes) that are linked into your application. The application executes this code which extracts raw data from the given data source(s) and streams it to Report Engine. Report Engine applies the report design, formatting and paginating the data stream for the viewer, whether it be a browser, Word, Excel, Acrobat or Genero Report Viewer. If Report Viewer is selected, then data is streamed and reports appear immediately as each page is produced, leaving the user to freely navigate up and down the report.
The diagram below describes this runtime dataflow.
For extreme loads, it is possible to distribute and load balance the work over multiple servers.
Genero Report Engine executes reports it is fed by the application. It runs on Standard and Enterprise Edition Java® platforms. In particular, the following platforms are supported:
Genero Studio for Report Writer runs on the following platforms:
- Genero Report Writer Named Developer Subscription PlanGRWSC0NC
- Genero Report Writer Core Deployment Subscription PlanGRWSR00C
- Genero Report Designer Core Deployment Subscription PlanGRDSR00C
- Genero Report Writer Named Developer LicenceGRWLC0NC
- Genero Report Writer Core Deployment LicenceGRWLR00C
- Genero Report Designer Core Deployment LicenceGRWLR00C